50 Mile & 1/2 Marathon- Saturday, September 19, 2020
50K - Sunday, September 20, 2020
Races will start and finish at the Visitors Center within the park. Follow signs upon entering the park.
Friday September 18, 2020
Packet pick-up for 50 Mile, 50K and 1/2 Marathon at Creeper Cottages - 55 Adkins St, Damascus, VA 24236. 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Note: Registrants for the 50 Mile are NOT allowed to drop down from the 50 mile to the 50K or 1/2 Marathon. 50K registrants may drop from the 50K to the 1/2 Marathon.
Saturday, September 19, 2020
50 Mile and Half Marathon
Packet pick up TBD at the Visitors Center (start/finish)
Pre-race meeting TBD - Race start times TDB
Sunday September 20, 2020
Packet Pick up TBD at the Visitors Center (start/finish)
Pre-race meeting TBD - Race start TBD
Race Rules & Information:
50 Mile - 14.5 hour cut off with individual aid station cut off times.
50K - 11 hour cut off for 50k with individual aid station cut off times
1/2 Marathon - 4 hour cut off for the 1/2 marathon
Note: This is not a hiker friendly course!! Click Here for Course Maps & Cutoffs
You can be back of the pack but you must do some running to keep on pace to finish under these times.
Aid stations are fully stocked with food and fluids. Coke, Ginger Ale, Gatorade, bananas, PB&J, cookies etc.
Crew access for the 50K is allowed at the Camp Store Aid Station.
Directions to Camp Store. Leave the Visitor Center on Road 362 and make the second left. Proceed to the Campground Store Aid Station. ~ 4 miles.
* You must wear your bib on the front of your body! We have to see your bib number - this is how we track and time runners in and out of aid stations and at the finish.
* No Pacers / Safety Runners
* No Drop Bags for 50K or 1/2 Marathon. 50 mile drop bags TBD
* No littering
* No cutting course or switchbacks - Please stay on course
* Runners must stop to help any injured runner
* No removing flagging, markers, or directional signs
* If you drop from the race you must turn in your bib at the nearest aid station and notify the AS volunteers.